A soldier have his gun, a writer have pen and sailor have his boat. A person who spends most of his time in front of a machine or computer has his tools. Everyone who uses computer to work or for entertainment has a set of tools he or she cannot live without (metaphorically ofcourse). A bond you share, like Barney and Clyde that empowers you in what you do.
So without any further jibbar-jabbar I share list of tools and software I have either purchased or use for free or manage to use trial version. Hope you can may too like them.
*Last updated @ 24th March 2014
- Audacity (free) - Simple Audio Editor and Recorder for anything.
- Amazon Kindle for PC - I love to read on this reader app.
- Windows Live Writer - Fully featured blog writing application I cannot survive without.
(*Migrated to Ghost blogging platform which has modern, user-friendly and quite productive editer for your blog needs, recommended)
- CCleaner - To clean up all those lousy temp files eating my harddisk slowly.
- VLC media Player - for movies and stuffs.
- iTunes for PC - for my iPhone 5S (64GB) and iPod Touch 6th Generation.
- Skype - To connect with friends, colleagues, family and few clients.
- TeamViewer - Desktop sharing and collaboration.
- Snag It (trial) - for screen captures or Print Screen most of the time.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox - to manage my virtual machines and setup. (VM created with any OS is only used for non-profit research and learning purposes)
- uTorrent - Tiny bittorrent client.
- Dropbox - If you say, I don't know what it is, then you can talk to the hand.
- OneDrive (or Skydrive) - Backup to my dropbox and other important stuffs.
- Google Drive - Also for backup and to access stuffs from place which we do not take name of.
- Console 2 - Your search for ultimate command prompt / shell ends here.
- Sublime Text - Editor for non- .NET stuff. Very impressive and elegant. I am hopefully waiting for windows version of Atom.
- Expresso - To build occasional Regex.
- Visual Studio Express Editions - To develop stuffs for research, learning and sometime fire it up for no reason.
- Microsoft Web Platform Installer - Manages all my Microsoft installations.
- LinqPad - To crack LINQ queries.
- Resharper - My programming buddy, makes me code at speed of light.
- ActivePerl - For rare pearl programming.
- CodeBlocks - for C++ stuffs.
- Filezilla - FTP client for managing hosted files.
- GitHub - For code hosting.
- Inno Setup - To create installers.
- MinGW - GNU for windows.
- Python - Rare python fun, I said rare.
- MVVMLight - MVVM framework I find easy and powerful and use it for WPF applications.
- NUnit - for unit testing.
- SyncFusion Metro Studio - to generate icons and images.
- Instapaper - Its addictive.